Learning Outcomes: Courses must meet at least three of the five following outcomes.
- Students will be able to read for comprehension, detail, and nuance.
- Identify the specific literary qualities of language as employed in the texts they read.
- Analyze the ways specific literary devices contribute to the meaning of a text.
- Identify and evaluate the contribution of the social, political, historical, and cultural contexts in which a literary text is produced.
- Evaluate a critical argument in others’ writing as well as one’s own.
Required: One approved course
|Department||Course Number||Course Title|
|MCL||ARAB 325||Major Arab Writers/Stories|
|MCL||CHIN 310||Survey of Chinese Literature|
|MCL||CHIN 311||Modern Chinese Literature in Translation|
|MCL||CHIN 325||Major Chinese Writers|
|MCL||CHIN 328||Asian American Women Writers|
|MCL||CLAS 250||Classical Mythology|
|MCL||CLAS 260||The Legacy of Greece and Rome|
|MCL||CLAS 340||Greek and Roman Epic|
|MCL||CLAS 350||Greek and Roman Tragedy|
|MCL||CLAS 360||Greek and Roman Comedy|
|MCL||CLAS 380||Greek and Roman Novels|
|ENGH||ENGH 201||Reading and Writing About Texts|
|ENGH||ENGH 202||Texts and Contexts|
|ENGH||ENGH 203||Western Literary Tradition|
|ENGH||ENGH 204||Western Literary Traditions|
|MCL||FREN 325||Major French Writers|
|MCL||FREN 329||Problems of Western Civilization in French Literature|
|MCL||FRLN 330||Topics in World Literature|
|MCL||GERM 325||Major Writers|
|MCL||ITAL 320||Topics in Italian Film and Literature|
|MCL||ITAL 325||Major Italian Writers|
|MCL||JAPA 340||Topics in Japanese Literature|
|MCL||KORE 311||Modern Korean Literature in Translation|
|PHIL||PHIL 253||Philosophy and Literature|
|RELI||RELI 235||Religion and Literature|
|RELI||RELI 333||Spiritual Autobiography|
|MCL||RUSS 325||Major Russian Writers|
|MCL||RUSS 326||A Survey of Russian Literature|
|MCL||RUSS 327||A Survey of Russian Literature|
|MCL||SPAN 325||Major Hispanic Writers|