Learning Outcomes: Courses must meet at least three of the five following outcomes.
- Students will be able to read for comprehension, detail, and nuance.
- Identify the specific literary qualities of language as employed in the texts they read.
- Analyze the ways specific literary devices contribute to the meaning of a text.
- Identify and evaluate the contribution of the social, political, historical, and cultural contexts in which a literary text is produced.
- Evaluate a critical argument in others’ writing as well as one’s own.
Required: One approved course
Approved Courses: For the most current list of approved courses for 2017-2018, please see the Catalog