SPRING 2020 Assessment Activities
We are wrapping up the 2017-20 assessment cycle for the Mason Core program. In spring 2020, we are finishing the review of student work and writing up results. A comprehensive report will be available by summer 2020.
Review sessions for Quantitative Reasoning, Information Technology and Computing, and Natural Sciences will be held in February and March. Interested in serving as a reviewer? Mason Core faculty serve as reviewers for student work samples. Reviewers participate in a training/norming session, review student work, and earn a small stipend for their efforts. Volunteer here: https://tinyurl.com/ReviewatMason
All faculty are invited to learn about the results from the assessments. These meetings will scheduled for fall 2020. Look to the Mason Core newsletter and this website for more information.
When available, results will also be posted at https://masoncore.gmu.edu/assessment/assessment-results/
Faculty Resources to Support Mason Core Courses
- Mason Core courses and learning outcomes: http://masoncore.gmu.edu/
- Stearns Center for Teaching and Learning: Teaching guides and resources, including effective syllabus design, assignment design, exam construction, grading policies, etc.: http://stearnscenter.gmu.edu/
- Mason’s Subject Librarians: https://library.gmu.edu/subject-librarians
- Open Educational Resources: https://oer.gmu.edu/
- Research “Infoguides” by subject: http://infoguides.gmu.edu/
- For resources to support writing in your courses, visit Mason’s Writing Across the Curriculum website: http://wac.gmu.edu/
For more information about Mason Core Assessment, contact Dr. Stephanie Foster at firstname.lastname@example.org.