FALL 2019 Pre-Assessment Workshops
The Fall 2019 pre-assessment workshops will be held in August. All faculty who are teaching a Natural Sciences course in Spring 2019 are expected to participate. Dates will be provided below and by email in late spring semester.
Review sessions for Arts, Literature, and Social and Behavioral Sciences are being held in March and April 2019. Results will be available at the Post-Assessment meetings in September and October, 2019, and will be posted at Mason Core Assessment Results.
Review sessions for Quantitative Reasoning and IT and Computing will be held in spring and summer 2019. Check back here for review dates.
Interested in serving as a reviewer? Mason Core faculty serve as reviewers for student work samples. Reviewers participate in a training/norming session, review student work, and earn a small stipend for their efforts. Contact Dr. Stephanie Foster (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to participate.
Assessment results will be shared at post-assessment meetings in fall 2019. Dates will be posted on this site and in the Mason Core Newsletter. When available, results will also be posted at https://masoncore.gmu.edu/assessment/assessment-results/
Faculty Resources to Support Mason Core Courses
- Mason Core courses and learning outcomes: http://masoncore.gmu.edu/
- Stearns Center for Teaching and Learning: Teaching guides and resources, including effective syllabus design, assignment design, exam construction, grading policies, etc.: http://stearnscenter.gmu.edu/
- Mason’s Subject Librarians: https://library.gmu.edu/subject-librarians
- Open Educational Resources: http://publishing.gmu.edu/communication/open-educational-resources/
- Research “Infoguides” by subject: http://infoguides.gmu.edu/
- For resources to support writing in your courses, visit Mason’s Writing Across the Curriculum website: http://wac.gmu.edu/
For more information about Mason Core Assessment, contact Dr. Stephanie Foster at email@example.com.