FALL 2018 Pre-Assessment Workshops
Faculty who are teaching in one of the following areas are expected to attend ONE of the following pre-assessment workshops.
- Mason Core Arts
- Mason Core Literature
- Mason Core Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Courses that satisfy the Mason Core in the Honors College
- Courses that satisfy the Mason Core in the School of Integrative Studies
Please register at: https://tinyurl.com/Pre-AssessmentWS
- Friday, August 24, 1:00-3:00 pm
- Wednesday, August 29, 3:00-5:00 pm
- Friday, August 31, 10:00 am -12:00 pm
Please bring 1. a copy of your course syllabus; and 2. instructions for a course assignment that addresses at least one Mason Core learning outcome.
If you would like to schedule a meeting for your department or college faculty, contact Stephanie Foster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mason Core Post-Assessment MeetingsPost-assessment meetings for Synthesis, Capstone, and Writing Intensive in the Major are scheduled for October 2018. These meetings are open to all faculty and staff who would like to learn about the assessment process, discuss results of the assessment, and the use of results to promote improvement.
|Monday, October 1, 2018||3:00-4:00 pm||Research 161|
|Wednesday, October 3, 2018||3:00-4:00 pm||Research 161|
|Thursday, October 11, 2018||10:00-11:00 am||Research 162|
|Friday, October 12, 2018||12:00-1:00 pm||Research 162|
|Wednesday, October 17, 2018||2:00-3:00 pm||WebEx Online Session
Sign up at https://gmuia.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6ooe4BxVcIVqzml
|Monday, October 22, 2018||10:00-11:00 am||Research 162|
|Thursday, October 25, 2018||4:00-5:00 pm||JC 234|
Review sessions for Synthesis, Capstone, and Writing Intensive in the Major were completed in June 2018. Results will be available at the post-assessment meetings in fall 2018. Following these meetings, results will be posted at Mason Core Assessment Results
Faculty Resources to Support Mason Core Courses
- Mason Core courses and learning outcomes: http://masoncore.gmu.edu/
- Stearns Center for Teaching and Learning: Teaching guides and resources, including effective syllabus design, assignment design, exam construction, grading policies, etc.: http://stearnscenter.gmu.edu/
- Mason’s Subject Librarians: https://library.gmu.edu/subject-librarians
- Open Educational Resources: http://publishing.gmu.edu/communication/open-educational-resources/
- Research “Infoguides” by subject: http://infoguides.gmu.edu/
- For resources to support writing in your courses, visit Mason’s Writing Across the Curriculum website: http://wac.gmu.edu/
For more information about Mason Core Assessment, contact Dr. Stephanie Foster at email@example.com.