SPRING 2019 Pre-Assessment Workshops
The Spring 2018 pre-assessment workshops will be held in January. All faculty who are teaching a Quantitative Reasoning or IT and Computing course in Spring 2019 are expected to participate on one of the following dates. Please register on the Qualtrics form at: January 2019 Pre-Assessment Workshop
Thursday, January 17, 2019 — 1:00 to 3:00 pm
Friday, January 25, 2019 — 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
Review sessions for Synthesis, Capstone, and Writing Intensive in the Major were completed in June 2018. Results are posted at Mason Core Assessment Results.
Review sessions for Arts, Literature, and Social and Behavioral Sciences will be held in spring and summer 2019. Check back here for the dates.
Interested in serving as a reviewer? Mason Core faculty serve as reviewers for student work samples. Reviewers participate in a training/norming session, review student work, and earn a small stipend for their efforts. Contact Dr. Stephanie Foster (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to participate.
Faculty Resources to Support Mason Core Courses
- Mason Core courses and learning outcomes: http://masoncore.gmu.edu/
- Stearns Center for Teaching and Learning: Teaching guides and resources, including effective syllabus design, assignment design, exam construction, grading policies, etc.: http://stearnscenter.gmu.edu/
- Mason’s Subject Librarians: https://library.gmu.edu/subject-librarians
- Open Educational Resources: http://publishing.gmu.edu/communication/open-educational-resources/
- Research “Infoguides” by subject: http://infoguides.gmu.edu/
- For resources to support writing in your courses, visit Mason’s Writing Across the Curriculum website: http://wac.gmu.edu/
For more information about Mason Core Assessment, contact Dr. Stephanie Foster at email@example.com.