The Mason Core Committee hosted a virtual town hall on January 28, 2022, where attendees were presented with several potential models to enhance the Mason Core. Download a copy of the presentation.
- You asked, we (tried to) answer. Review our answers to the Q&A from the meeting.
Watch the Mason Core Town Hall
Mason Core Enhancement Models
Initial Timeline for Consideration of Enhancements
- ✅ June 2021: Team from Mason Core Committee participates in the AAC&U Institute on General Education and Assessment to brainstorm potential Mason Core updates and enhancements, and shares the results in a workshop with committee members for feedback.
- ✅ September 2021: Mason Core Committee forms Task Forces to create proposals for updates in three areas: Just Society, Global, and Capstone.
- ✅ November 2021: Task Forces submit proposals to the Mason Core Committee for consideration.
- ✅ January 2022: Mason Core Committee to create a draft plan or plans for potential enhancements to the Mason Core. Announce Town Hall via the Mason Core newsletter, the Provost newsletter, and social media.
- ✅ February 2022: Feedback accepted via website form, and in a digital town hall, and in meetings with interested groups. Please email MasonCor@gmu.edu to inquire about scheduling a visit with your team.
- ✅ February-March 2022: Mason Core committee uses feedback to update Mason Core requirements proposal and create final recommended plan to share with the university community via this website, the Mason Core newsletter, the Provost newsletter, and social media.
- ✅ March-April 2022: Faculty Senate considers updates to the Mason Core requirements.
Please note that implementation of any updates to the Mason Core will be phased over the next few catalog years, as appropriate.
Mason Core Task Forces
|Marie alice Arnold|
|Tehama Lopez Bunyasi|
|Melissa Broeckelman-Post |
|Steven Anthony Scott|
|Cortney Hughes Rinker|