Learning Outcomes: Courses must meet at least three of the five following outcomes.
- Students will be able to read for comprehension, detail, and nuance.
- Identify the specific literary qualities of language as employed in the texts they read.
- Analyze the ways specific literary devices contribute to the meaning of a text.
- Identify and evaluate the contribution of the social, political, historical, and cultural contexts in which a literary text is produced.
- Evaluate a critical argument in others’ writing as well as one’s own.
Required: One approved course
Approved Courses: For the most current list of approved courses for 2018-2019, please see the Catalog
Creating a Mason Core Literature Course?
-Download the Curriculum Map for Literature
-Visit the Mason Core Submission Instructions page
-Find additional help with Mason Core and CIM